Frequently Asked Questions About club Hiking
Tips: Do's and Don'ts
- Be on time. In fact, show up at the meetup location a few minutes early. The posted meet time is actually our departure time from the meetup location. We normally carpool to the trailhead to lessen the impact on the parking lots.
- Read the entire hike description on the Meetup Calendar for the hike you are signing up for.
- Check your email and meetup the day of the hike. Hikes can be cancelled for a number of reasons. We don't want you driving to the meeting place for nothing.
- Don't hike if you are not feeling well or are nursing an injury. Take a rest day...the hike organizor and you fellow hikers will appreciate it!
- Don't show up intoxicated or bring alcoholic beverages or drugs on the hikes.
- Don't RVSP Yes to hike and then not show up. No showing hikes will lead to you not being added to the "going" list.
- Don't bring guest or children to the hike.
- Don't bring pets unless it's posted as a pet hike.
What are hiking classes?
Most hikes in Red Rock will consist of class 2 & 3 climbs depending on the route taken. A few of the routes have class 4 climbs but only have small sections that are at that level, but it’s important to know you must be prepared to face those areas.